Honor Recognizes Leading Independent Commodities Interdealer Broker’s Continued Growth, Including Success of its Proprietary EOXLive Commodities Trading Platform and Expansion into Asia-Pacific Region
HOUSTON and LONDON – (May 10, 2017) – OTC Global Holdings (OTCGH), the leading independent commodities interdealer broker, has been named 2017 “Broker of the Year” by renowned international trading and risk management industry publication Energy Risk for a second straight year.
The honor was announced and presented to representatives from OTCGH’s leadership team at an awards gala in Houston on May 9. The award will also be presented at an Energy Risk gala in London on June 28.
he honor marks a significant milestone for OTCGH, which is celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2017 and was also recognized by Energy Risk as “Broker of the Year” in 2011 and 2016.
“For the past decade we have sought to be the most dominant independent commodities IDB in the world. This recognition shows that our unwavering commitment to achieving this goal has paid off,” said Javier Loya, Chairman and Co-CEO of OTCGH. “We are honored to receive this prestigious award for the second consecutive year and third time in the past seven years, and thank everyone at OTCGH, from our brokers to the back office personnel, as well as our clients for making such an achievement possible.”
OTCGH earned this most recent accolade thanks to a year of outstanding performance and accomplishments, which included:
- Completion of the company’s global client service model via the establishment of OTC Asia in Singapore;
- The company’s Choice! Power team brokering the first power options trade on the Nasdaq Futures Exchange (NFX);
- OTCGH brokering 66,700 lots on its EOXLive platform, which represented 51.8 percent of CME, ICE and Nasdaq’s total volume for the Natural Gas European Options market on June 17, 2016;
- Choice Natural Gas, a subsidiary of OTCGH, being named Best Broker in Weather Risk Management in North America by Environmental Finance; and
- OTCGH’s EOXLive platform representing 100 percent of CME’s total volume for the Natural Gas Calendar Spread Option market as well as nearly 68 percent of Nasdaq’s total volume for the Natural Gas European Options market on January 5, 2017.
“Since forming a decade ago, our growth has significantly outpaced the market thanks to a unique business model that combines organic and acquisitive growth and allows each of our portfolio companies to operate independently while enjoying efficiencies created through shared financial, technological and operational resources,” added Co-CEO Joe Kelly. “We’re honored to be recognized by Energy Risk for a second straight year, but even more excited about what the next 10 years will bring for this company.”
About OTC Global Holdings
Formed in 2007, OTC Global Holdings has become the world’s largest independent institutional broker of commodities, covering financial and physical instruments from offices in Chicago, Des Moines, Geneva, Houston, London, Louisville, New Jersey, New York and Singapore. The company is a leading liquidity provider on CBOT, ICE, NYMEX and NFX, ranking number one amongst its peers in numerous derivatives contracts across biofuels, emissions, commodity index products, crude oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids (NGLs), metals, petrochemicals and refined products, power, proppants, soft commodities, and weather derivatives. The company serves more than 450 institutional clients, including over 70 members of the Global Fortune 500, and transacts in hundreds of different commodity delivery points in Asia, Europe and the Americas. To learn more about the company, please visit www.otcgh.com or go to https://player.vimeo.com/video/146686709.
# # #
Contact: Brittney Garneau